Nice, huh? I thought about making a slip cover for it. I have a little of the fabric left over from my bench redo. The only thing is, even with a sharp new cover, I still needed to control the gaping hole in my ottoman. Classy gal that I am, my mind immediately went to duct tape.
But wait! The last time I was at the local craft store I saw a whole bin of crazy colored duct tape. They had neon, metallic and even some prints. While the zebra print didn't do much for me I could definitely see some spotted leopard in my living room. Armed with my 40% off coupon I purchased my funky duct tape.

Then I slowly taped the monster rip, bringing all the seams together. After closing the hole I laid the strips of leopard duct tape from one side of the ottoman to the other, smoothing it out as went along. This is a bit of the finished product.
These images are a bit more grainy since they were taken on my phone, but I wanted to be able to show my mom right away. She was appropriately impressed. For the price of a roll of duct tape I was able to save my leather ottoman. Now that is thrifty!
I'm posting this at:



That is awesome! I want some duct tape like that.
ReplyDelete