So I let them. And they loved them. I didn't love the price per serving and how little of the good stuff was on the ready-made version.
Time to raid the pantry...

With a jar of homemade pizza sauce, some cheese we had in the freezer and these really cute mini pepperonis we had bites of bages for days. I will say I made some minor modifications to the sauce by adding a teaspoon of sugar to balance the flavor and a teaspoon of baking soda to take the "acidy" feeling that comes with any tomato-based product. Let the sauce sit before closing the jar since it will bubble a bit, but this did not affect the taste.
To put these darlings together I sliced the mini bagels found in the refrigerated bread section, but I think any kind of bread would do (think old school English muffin pizzas of yesteryear). I smeared a tablespoon of the sauce on the one half of a mini bagel and then topped with cheese for my 8-year-old. My 10-year-old prefers pepperoni so I topped his with those itty bitty pepperonis.
Then I threw them all on the stoneware pan and into a preheated 350 degree oven and waited for the cheese to get all melty and gooey. Served with a sliced melon.Yum.
..
No comments:
Post a Comment